Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Lovely Bones: Susie Salmon


Susie Salmon                                                                                                                                           


Point 1: My Life

My name is Susie. Every thing in my life is really great. I have a lot of good friends, a wonderful family, and happiness. Those are all the things I need to live life. My father and I always  make replicas of boats inside bottles. This is our hobby and I remember making the first one together. I remember being loved by my family, especially by my mom, dad,my brother, and my younger sister. I would say that  I am always nice and friendly to everyone. Did I ever break the rules? No, not really. Sometimes I do make a few mistakes and disobey my parents, but, I usually follow all the rules. 
My neighborhood is the safest neighborhood around, or so I thought. I have a lot of nice neighbors and not so nice neighbors. One of them is Mr. Harvey. I thought Mr. Harvey was nice when I met him because he gave my mom and dad some flowers from his bushes. He was really sweet and everything, until the incident. Mr. Harvey was also very sketchy, he used to stare at me and watch me sometimes. The incident was when I was murdered by my own neighbor, a neighbor that I would never have thought that he would kill someone. It was, Mr. Harvey.


                                                           What Susie Salmon looks
                                                           like in the movie.
 What I pictured Susie
Salmon to look like.










Point 2: The incident 

It was December 6, 1973. That was my last day on Earth. I was walking home from school, trying to catch up to a girl who seemed very angry. I wanted to ask her if she was okay and I wanted to see if she needed help. The girl dropped a paper and I went to go pick it up for her. But, I guess I was too slow. Out of no where Mr. Harvey, my neighbor, showed up like if he just came from thin air. He tried to grab the little folded up paper, but it flew away. “Awe man, looks like I was too slow”, he said. I just tried to ignore him and kept on walking, now to get home, fast. He told me to wait and that he wanted to show me something. I said no and tried to leave, but he kept bugging me to stay. 

Finally he talked me in to going in this “Club House” that he made underground. I stayed for a while until things got really creepy. He kept telling me that I was pretty and that he liked me. That was when I made the move to open the door. He grabbed me down and stuffed my hat into my mouth to make me be quiet.
The next day I was reported missing. One week after that I was reported dead. My other neighbors had found my elbow buried in the dirt, more than 100 feet away from where I was murdered. 



A Quote from the book when I was coming one from school and the incident was going to happen.






Point 3: On my way to Heaven 


On my way to heaven, I didn’t even know that I was dead. I was scared because I was always ending up in new places. First I found myself laying on the floor of a gazebo. Next I found a home that looked creepy, the door opened and I ran inside. Little did I know that the house I was in was Mr. Harvey’s house. I tried so hard to get out but there were no openings. Finally I just got out somehow. I started running down the street and passed the girl I saw early in the day. But, I didn’t stop, I just kept going. I ran and ran till I was lost. My dad was out looking for me and I saw him. But, then it seemed like out of no where we both faded away. Next thing I knew, I was standing back in the gazebo next to a girl there who was going to “show me around”.

Holly, her name was Holly. Holly showed me around and took me on a journey to go to the place where we could both finally be free. At first I was scared because I didn’t want to believe that I was dead. But, I had to go anyway. On our way there we had a lot of fun and I felt like I knew Holly for a really long time. It didn’t even feel like I was gone, not living anymore.


Point 4: Finally Free

We reached it, the place, the place where I could finally be free with everyone else. It was big and open. There were a big tree in the middle that stood out and was beautiful. I looked at Holly and she told me, “They are here and so are we.” I was confused about what she was talking about, then I saw several girls come out behind the large and graceful tree. I then learned that I was not the only victim of Mr. Harvey’s. There were little girls and older girls. One of his victim’s was Holly. But, her name wasn’t really Holly. 

Being the type of girl I was, loving and caring, I had to do one last thing before I could be free. I ran back to the gazebo. I looked out into the air where I could see all of my loved ones. Before I left the gazebo, I said goodbye in a way that they couldn’t see me, but they could feel me. Then I set off back to where I needed to be free and that was in the field with the big tree. When I got there again I joined hands with all the girls and we played together. Now I am free for once and for all.


These two quotes are two of my favorite quotes from the book.


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EP5L8BgkMrbMOZLZESN--RJIKaOckRZT_izdAk-k1zo/viewform  

Links:


1 comment:

  1. I commented on Julia's, Marisa's, and Elenia's, character blog post.

    ReplyDelete