Monday, February 9, 2015

Book Talk 2.05.14





Written Transcript:

One of my favorite books currently is Twilight. I am all most finished reading Twilight and I love it! I'm so close to finishing the book and then I will start the second book, New Moon. This is one of my favorite books because I love the storyline and the plot is just so good!

Twilight was written by Stephenie Meyer and it is a Fictional story. You could also say it is Fantasy because there are vampires and werewolves.

         Twilight takes place is Forks, Washington. Bella Swan moved here with her father from Phoenix, Arizona. Bella Swan now lives with her Father, Charlie Swan. When at school Bella meets Edward, a vampire. They both like each other and it's hard for them to hangout. Bella also knows a werewolf named Jacob Black. She finds out about the vampires and werewolves half way through the book. One big conflict in this book is that Edward and Bella are trying to hangout but Edward is a vampire and being with Bella is too dangerous. They are trying to make things work but that can't always happen. Good V.S Evil is a theme of Twilight because Edward is the "bad guy" and Bella is the "good guy". Edward is viewed differently by some people who know about them being vampires because they might be viewed as wicked and Evil. Bella is innocent and doesn't have any bad qualities that make her a bad person. She is viewed as a great person and everyone likes her.

        I liked this book because the vampires are viewed a little differently from the author's point of view. I also liked it because the qualities of the vampires in this book are really cool! Bella and Edwards relationship as friends is really interesting in the beginning and the vampires' backgrounds are really cool! I would recommend this book to anyone who likes drama books and or book about vampires. This book is more of a "romantic novel" and has a storyline about relationships but is overall great! If you like romantic stories then this will be good for you. You should read this book because it is really interesting and has really cool characters. If you like vampires and or werewolves then this is for you!  

1 comment:

  1. I really loved your blog because, I as well have been reading these books; so far I've read the whole series twice. I think that you did a good job summarizing the first book, and I agree that the first book is the best. Good job!

    ReplyDelete