Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TKAM- Setting Analysis


         In this picture I see what look to me like toy wagons. On the sidewalk there are wagons that have toy tricycles in them. I also see a very few people walking along the sidewalk. In the back there are some old fashioned looking cars that can indicate the time period. (The 1900's) This area has a lot of buildings and what looks like stores. I wonder if this area is a town square sort of area. There are clothing stores and others that I can read the names of. Out of the very few people are in the picture seem to be dressed nicely and are walking on the right side. There is one exceptions though. There are two men with a bike on the left side who are dressed a little less wealthy looking.
        I think that this picture is a pretty good example of Maycomb Alabama because in Maycomb they have a town square. We were first introduced to this area through the explaining of how Mr. Radley would always walk to the town square and then how he would sometimes come back with a bag that could have had groceries in it. The town square was downtown and had a lot of places to shop or eat, just like in this picture. The men and women that are walking around seem to be dressed nicely which isn't too normal for Maycomb but the people in general is normal.
       Some of the questions that I had when looking at this picture were if the items in the street were actually for sale or if they were for advertisement. I was also wondering if there were children because there were toys and other kid items there. The last thing i wondered was if the people in the neighborhood were rich because of there cars that I saw and because of what they were wearing.











No comments:

Post a Comment