Thursday, January 29, 2015

Twilight 1.28.15

Prompt: Who is your favorite character and why?
Pages read: 251- 300

            When reading Twilight I get so drawn in that I could honestly read for hours if I had the time. Twilight is pretty easy to get into after you've already seen the movie like I did. It's actually a lot more interesting because you can picture the characters doing things in scenes that weren't in the movie. I find that really fun. It's fun to me because I get to create the scene from something that was described like an area I have seen. I could also create a whole new scene out of one chapter and have a mini movie in my head. That is probably my favorite thing!

           My favorite character in the book would have to be Edward. There are many interesting qualities about this character. Many people may think I like him because they may think in the movie I might find him attractive, that is not the case. Edward is a vampire and like I said in my last blog, vampires are my favorite. Edward can read people's minds which is so fascinating! Whenever someone has asked me what superpower I would want I usually said to read people's minds. Edward can also run really fast, one of the perks of being a vampire. He is actually one of the fastest vampires in his family.

         Edward being a vampire isn't the only thing that interests me about him. I like his background story. If you have never seen Twilight, Edward and the rest of his family were adopted by their mom and dad who are vampires. All the teens in his family were dying and were saved by their now dad, Carlisle. Edward's story was the most intriguing to me. His was so interesting because he was originally dying from a disease. He was the also first one adopted out of the family even before his mom was rescued. His story goes more into depth but I don't wan't to spoil is for you.

Comments:  Marisa, Athziry, Abdiel

5 comments:

  1. Do you know what disease he was dying of before he became a vampire? Did Carlisle actually ask if he wanted to be a vampire before he did it? That would kind of suck if Edward had wanted to die a peaceful death rather than living forever. I like how you explained how Edward is your favorite character and what his story is without giving a summary. Also, can all vampires read minds or just Edward? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edward was dying from Spanish Influenza in Chicago in 1918. Carlisle was actually just saving him because he was 18 and his parents dies. Carlisle wanted him to live because he was so young. Edward is one of the few vampires that can read minds. Most of the vampires have different abilities that make them unique. Edward is one of probably 5 that can read minds.

      Delete
  2. The book version of Edward somehow sounds a lot more interesting than the movie version of Edward. From the movie, I just kind of felt like his character was just "look vampire here ok." However, you're description of him gives me the idea that he has a lot more depth in the book...it actually made me want to read it! I do have a question, though. Is there something that determines what powers a vampire will have or is it just random? I really don't like Twilight but enjoyed your blog so...good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing that determines them to have a certain power. When they get changed they just get a power randomly. I'm not really sure how it all works though.

      Delete
  3. From what I read in your blog, I could tell that the movie and book are fairly similar. I do see that in the movie they don't seem to put all of Edward's background. I like vampires too! What would you say be a major difference between the movie and book? Are you planing to read the rest of the series? Outstanding job explaining who your favorite character was!

    ReplyDelete