Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beautiful Creatures 5.14.14

Pages Read: 200-250
Prompt: If the author were here, what would you say and ask him/her?

            The authors of "Beautiful Creatures" are Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl. If the authors were here I would ask them how they got the idea to start t write this book. I have always tried to write my own stories but I never can think of a really good topic. If they came and met me, I would make sure that I ask of tips. I would make sure to ask them a bunch of more questions like was this their original idea or if they had any other ones before "Beautiful Creatures". I where they wrote the book and when they first came up with the idea and writing the pages. How did they write it down? These are a few of the questions that I would ask them. I am always curious when it comes to writing because there are many different strategies and different topics. The world of writing is just amazing! 

           When I am reading a book, I always wonder how the author or author's come up with the ideas. It is really interesting to me because sometimes the ideas are crazy and exciting as well as sad and romantic, all wrapped into one! This just always makes me curious. One day I want to write a short book with a really cool idea. I want to have tips from authors themselves because they have experience. I love to write but I can never think of a good topic to write about and after a while I start to loose interest in the topic I first chose.

 More questions I would ask to the authors:

How did you come up with the tittle of your book?

Why did you choose the topic you did?

Did you ever plan on writing a book together or did you just suddenly think of the idea?

Did you both agree on the topic the first time?

Are the characters really important to the story?

Do you think that the mvie does a good job on portraying the story?

3 comments:

  1. I commented on Juliet's, Athziry's, and Isabelle R's blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love all of your questions because it's probably the questions I would ask as well. I haven't seen this movie or read this book, but from what I've heard of it, it sounds pretty good to me. Believe me, I've tried to write a book and the end result was usually not the best. I guess I would start out with this amazing idea, but when it went into expanding from it, I couldn't really get anything good out of it. Outstanding blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of good questions! Maybe they chose the topic they did because they watched the Vampire Diaries or something like that. TV shows always spark creativity for me. Your 3rd question is really great. Maybe they were just like, "Hey, do you want to write a book with me?" or maybe they were friends before and have been planning this a long time. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete