Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reflection on 40 Book Bhallenge



                Well, I didn't know about the 40 book challenge until third quarter. I have read at least 10-12 books including some that were more than 350 pages. I have tried to read whenever I get the chance to and it works well. I am proud of myself and what I have accomplished while reading for the 40 book challenge. I know that a lot of people have either finished 40 books or are about to, since I started recently I am not that far. But I think I did a good job this year reading more books. All of the previous years I never read a lot. Now I am reading a lot more than I thought I would. This year I tried to read as much as I could every night. Last year I only read when I just felt like it or when I had to for class. I think that the strategy that I used for this year was much more useful than last years.

           Next year, in 8th grade, I want to try to do the 40 book challenge. I want to try to be able to read every single night and on the weekends as well. I want to be able to feel the success on completing 40 books in one school year! I think that the 40 book challenge is really cool and the idea is cool as well. I think it is a nice way to get kids motivated to read more so that way they could feel the success of completing a really cool challenge. I think that every middle schooler and high schooler should try to do the 40 book challenge.

Does the 40 book challenge count for the books you read over the sumer?

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Marisa's, Carlos' and Gustavo's blog on the 40 book challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog was very straight forward and your thoughts are very clear. Yes, I also think EVERYONE should try the 40 book challenge. They don't have to make it to 40 books but at least trying will get them to read.

    ReplyDelete