Wednesday, October 29, 2014

CONFESSING THE UGLY TRUTH...


This is a mix sort of between 1 and 3. Montresor is confessing to the Police about what he did. When he first confesses an officer takes Montresor to an interrogation room in which he tells the whole story.

     One morning, 25 years after the killing of Fortunato, Montresor, the murder, confesses to the police.

     "I am Montresor and I confess to the murder of Fortunato!"
     
     "Come with me sir," said the Police Officer."
               
      The two man went into the interrogation room and the police officer starts to question Montresor. Montresor doesn't want to be questioned so he decided to just tell the whole story right away and not answer the questions he was asked. He started with what Fortunato had done to provoke the situation.
    
     "It all started with Fortunato and his "beastly" ways." Montresor stated. "He mocked my every move and was so full of himself. I couldn't take it anymore."
     
      The police officer asked, "Why didn't you just leave him alone and block him from your life?" 

     Montresor continued with him story and ignored what the police officer asked. "My family motto means 'No one shall hurt or provoke him with impunity.' 

     Montresor cleared his throughout and continued with his story.

     "Fortunato was a connoisseur about wine. I knew exactly how to trick him into coming with me so I could kill him."

     Montresor paused to clear his throat and the police officer was about to speak but what quickly interrupted by the words of Montresor once again.

     "Amontillado!" 

     "Amonti-what?", asked the police officer.

     "Amontillado!" exclaimed Montresor. "Amontillado is one of the finest wines know to man kind. I tricked Fortunato by saying we were going to get some wine from Luchesi and he fell for it."


     The police officer asked,"Who is Luchesi? What does he have to do with this story? How does he know Fortunato? Was he involved in the murder of Fortunato?" 

     "He is just a friend and no he didn't kill Fortunato. To be honest he did't even know what I was up to." Montresor said. " Now where were we, ah yes! I lured Fortunato to the catacombs on my land. We walked all the way to the very back and as deep as e could go. He was drunk because it was Carnival and I might of had something to do with how drunk he was. My "friendship" with him seemed real only because I faked it so he would come and-"


     "Wait!" Shouted the police officer. "Exactly where were you again?"

     "I was in the catacombs on my land now like I was saying-" said Montresor very aggravated.

     "Okay you may continue."

     "As we got deeper I gave him another drink to ensure that he was intoxicated and that all of it would be unclear to him. When we reached the spot where I had killed him there was to staples in the ground. One had a chain and the other, a padlock. I chained him by the waist against the wall four feet deep. Then I made mockery of him and started to filing in the wall by putting down the first tier." 

     The police's mouth dropped down in horror and in shock. Then he managed to stutter these words out, "Arrr-re yo-uh saying that you ww--aalllded a mannnn to death?!?"

     Montresor nodded his head and continued with his story. 

     "I plastered all the tiers in a left one small spot open when I heard Fortunato mocking me again and was in complete denial about everything that was going on. I tapped some of the burned up ashes from my torch and let it fall onto him. I was done and plastered the last brick when I couldn't hear Fortunato anymore."

     "Why did you kill him like that?" asked the officer.

     "Well because I have done it before and I wanted it to be out of sight and for no one to find out. He needed to suffer and this option worked perfectly."

     "Why are you confessing now Montresor?"

     Montresor said "Because, right before I plastered the last brick, there was a moment of hesitation. It wasn't a long moment but it was there. I felt ashamed but quickly got over it. Ever since then it has haunted me and I no longer can live like this."

     Both the police officer and Montresor stood up. Montresor put his hands behind his back and said "Go ahead". The officer grabbed his handcuffs and placed them on Montresor's hands.

"You are under arrest. You will have a trial and if you loose that trial you will be imprisoned for life."

"It's okay, I don't have much time as it is."


THE END



              

6 comments:

  1. Good Job! I liked how you wrote it all, it was very interesting! I liked how you put a character into the police men, causing them to interrupt and that one part where they stuttered. It was all very well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ending tied in perfectly with the situation. I had gotten a different feel as if there had been relief for Montresor as he had never felt it once he had finished his 'task' with Fortunato. This was certainly a creative aspect in how you had a mixture of the prompts. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did Montresor mean when he said he didn't have much time left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,
      He meant that he would soon die from being old.

      Delete
  4. I commented on Amelia's, Nik's, Steven's, and Autumn's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I like how you kept Montresor's character, but added in how easily he could be aggravated.

    ReplyDelete