Friday, October 17, 2014

Reflection Blog 10.17.14

               Right now, including the books from August, I am about 3 books into by 40 book challenge. Over the sumer I read two books and I am currently on my third book. I read "The Fault in our Stars" and the Kind of Friends we used to be". I started reading "If I Stay" in the beginning of the year but then I didn't feel like reading it so now I am on "Go Ask Alice." I hope to either reach 40 books or come close to 40 books. So far I am doing better than last year and already have a few books done! I have improved with my reading a little as well because I have been reading more often, not a whole lot more but enough. I struggle with time management sometimes especially with reading. I either get too tired because I don't fit everything in at a decent time, or I am not in the mood. I personally like writing better then reading but that is my opinion. If you asked be last year what my thoughts were on reading I would say, "eh", "it's okay I guess." The year before, "not a huge fan but I mean maybe?.?" Then if you asked me now I would say, "I like to read, it isn't my favorite thing to do but if I have the right book I love it!" I am not always one to read but when I do it is pretty enjoyable and a good thing for me to do on a bad day or when I am having a tough time with something. Sometimes I even get the same feeling when I right, the feeling of escaping the area just for a moment and letting everything out and letting it all go.

               My blogs have been getting a little better recently. I have been adding more content and writing better content as well. I used to not like to write blogs but now I am starting to like them more but usually when I get to write about anything. Don't get me wrong I do like to write blogs but not always about my books. I like writing short stories and other little entries but I guess it is all just the same and I should write just as good. Also, my quality of the blogs over all, I think, are improving a lot more. One strategy that I learned when writing blogs was that it is easier for me to work on one paragraph at a time and make sure it is one of the best that it could be. I don't like to work on my blog all at once because then I feel rushed and I do rush it so the blog is not as good as it could be.

               Over this quarter I learned about ISIS, Ebola, and about things happening in other places around the world. It is really cool that we get to learn about all these different things happening in our world because if it has to do with the U.S. it is good to know. Even if it didn't have to do with the U.S. like Ebola when it first started. This was good to know because we didn't know that it was back or if it could spread over to the U.S. When we heard that Ebola came to the U.S we knew exactly what it was and how it was spread, etc. Many people didn't know and we were prepared to know everything.

               My research skills have gotten much better. I learned how to properly cite everything and the proper format as well. Instead of looking for a cite and just grabbing a quote and putting it in my own words, I now use textual evidence and quotes while putting my own words/ responses into the paragraph/s sentence. Did I improve? I think so, I think that I have been improving and have been doing much better than what I thought was my good effort, now I am doing my best work. I usually thought I was doing almost my best but not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment