Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blog: 10.22.14

Pages Read:100-115
Prompt: Pick three songs that could represent your Character. (I got this prompt from one of Bela's blogs.)


               If I had to choose three songs that Represent Alice I would have a tough time. I would have a tough time because she is all over the place with how she acts and her personalities. I also don't listen ti music that had to do with drugs or things like that. I know a few songs in mid and some of the others I had to look up on the internet. The first one I thought of was Try by Colbie Caillat. I chose this one because it talks about how you don't have to so hard for the attention and to just be you. I think that Alice doesn't realize that and that is the reason she had multiple personalities. I actually like this song for myself too because I struggle with always wanting to fit in and look as good as everyone else. I am not like Alice with the multiple personalities and the drugs, but this song helps with self consciousness and I think it would help her.


               The second song I would choose is Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machines. I chose this song because there is a specific verse that talks a little bit about washing if life down the drain and how this person is in a bad situation and just wants to hide all the time. This is just like Alice because she is always hiding from the truth and reality. It also talks about running from happiness because they are stuck in this negativity and are scared because they don't know how to get out. Alice is in a very troubled situation and kind find the right in t he wrong and the positive in the negative.

Happiness hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
With every bubble she sank with her drink
And washed it away down the kitchen sink

               The third and final song I chose was Bad Situation and I have never heard this song but I have seen the lyrics before. The lyrics that I chose represent her very good because they talk about making a bad situation good and how you need to change the negative to positive. Alice needs to get her life back into the right order and to have better life goals. So I chose this song and this verse:
try to make the best of a bad situation
try to make the best of a bad situation
your taxes mow your lawns in your old age contagion
but I try to make the best of a bad situation



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including some of the lines from the song. Make sure to quote them, so that they show direct quotes.

    ReplyDelete