Friday, October 10, 2014

Reflective Blog (MAKEUP ASSIGNMENT): Go Ask Alice Week of 10.06.14

                 In last weeks blog I made a few grammatical errors. This week we focused on run on sentences and sentence errors. So I took that knowledge and applied it to my blog. In the first paragraph I had a run-on sentence that really stood out. It said " Now, "Go Ask Alice" was written by an anonymous author, it's a real diary, so the writing techniques were pretty much the same throughout the pages that I have read." I find it a little embarrassing on how long that sentence was. Another thing I noticed was that I put extra information like "The author uses words that show her feelings for that day and it is frequently noticed. " I didn't need to put the last part of the sentence in there. I also was a little repetitive when it came to stating the writing techniques that I had found. I always said the same thing and added the same details.

               Looking at my blogs from last year I can see a huge difference in my writing techniques. For example, I used to write with a lot of grammatical errors and to write with a whole lot of repetition. I still use some repetition but I got better with it. Now I write better, longer, and more complete. I think that my content level has also exceed more because my blogs are a little longer and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment