Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nonsense Poem: "Sapphire"




                             "Sapphire"


The Sapphire sat still,
Not harming a soul,
Not making any noise.
Just blondering in the dark.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire.   
Loneliness,  thats all she grew up with.
All she wanted was to be Flobberstictick.
In the dark,
Dead silence everywhere.
She was a brintistack ball of fire.
She made the room pop with color.


No one realized how ooberful she really was.

Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
You’ll be successful.

Red, Pink, Blue, Green,
The symbols of joy,
The comitalfull shnoodle of a warrior.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire.
The thing no one understands.
Just another one of those beautiful creatures inside of my head.

You are glintastic,
You are confident,
Most of all, you are worth it.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
Don’t doubt yourself,
I won’t doubt you.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
You are boshsnittle.

Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
You’re worth more than a gem,
More than all the money in the world.
You are a gubludub.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
How I love you so,
You’re the creature in my head,
The creature in my dreams,
You’re the creature in me.
Sapphire, oh, Sapphire,
You are the other half of me.






Blondering: crying in silence


Flobberstictick: overwhelmed by Happiness
Brintistack: bright, full of color
Ooberful: Amazing, fun
Comitalfull: courageous
Shnoodle:attitude
Gurbludub: Champion
Glintastic:  Brave
Boshsnittle: Beautiful, amazing

5 comments:

  1. I like your poem. It is different from the rest. It talks about a certain object. It is also from a more first person view because you say "I" a lot and there isn't many other poems from 1st person point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the visuals for this poem. I also really loved the message! I think it's really sweet and I think whoever the poems for thinks that, too. I know I was thinking of someone in my head while I read this and I'm sure others did, too. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Diego's, Julia's, and Athziry's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poem Gianna. You used a lot of poetic devices but mostly rhyming. Was it complicated or hard to rhyme them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was not really hard to rhyme. Some words were harder to rhyme than others but for the most part it was ok.

      Delete