Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas 2.27.14 *SPOILERS*

Pages Read: FINISHED!!
Prompt: Does the title fit the story? Why or why not?


                   So I finished the book! It was really good and I enjoyed reading it! It took me a while to read because I have been busy, but when I did read, I couldn't stop! So I have sad about how Bruno and his family are moving back to Berlin. They are going to move back without his dad. Bruno's dad is staying stationed there at "Out-With". Bruno is not so excited to back to Berlin anymore because he likes hanging out with Shmuel.

                 Bruno wants to hangout with Shmuel at least once before he moves to Berlin. Shmuel's dad went missing a few days back and so Bruno was going to go search for him with Shmuel. They met on the las t full day he was going to stay at "Out-With". So Shmuel brought over some striped pajamas over and had Bruno change. With a little hole under the fence, Bruno slipped under the fence and they started to walk over to the huts in the distant.

               No one could see a difference between Bruno and every one else because they all looked the same. Bruno and Shmuel started to look for clues when it started to rain. Bruno said "I should probably get home for dinner." Then they walked under a hut and sat still. Bruno held Shmuel's hand and everyone gasped.

             I think the title really suits the book because as you read, you understand what the book is actually about. The boy in the striped pajamas is a bout how the two boys from different sides come together. If you you wear striped pajamas then your no different from other people.



7 comments:

  1. I read half of this book last year and it seemed like a book that everyone should read. I can't imagine the terror of those poor innocent people during WWII. Have you seen the movie yet? It seems that movie is sadder than the book mostly because they show Bruno and Shmuel dying together. I liked how you included quotes to back up your statement. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw the movie today actually! It was much more sad.

      Delete
  2. Great blog post this week! I saw the movie of this and it really made me cry. I liked how you said that later in the book you understand what your reading about. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on : Leanna's Blog, Julia's Blog, and Citlalli's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good blog! Now I really want to read this book. I never really knew what it was about. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you think of the ending?!? You didn't mention and I'm held in suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the ending of the book was interesting but at the same time it was crazy

      Delete